Evatt Victoria is the state round of Australia’s premier debating and diplomacy competition.
Welcome to the Evatt Victoria 2020! The Evatt Diplomacy Competition is UN Youth Victoria’s largest competition, and invites all students in years 9 – 12 to compete in teams of two from their school for the Thant Trophy. Each team will represent a state on the United Nations Security Council, with the aim of passing a resolution which suits the interests of their state.
Evatt is a unique opportunity for students to learn about international politics and diplomacy, as well as develop their public speaking and negotiation skills.
Contact the convenor,Lachlan Doig at Lachlan.firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
See you there!
Why should I take part in Evatt?
- Skills in speaking, research, teamwork and diplomacy – which are equally crucial to success in Evatt!
- Unique teamwork & leadership abilities
- Leadership, interpersonal and problem solving skills through lobbying and negotiating with other students
- Greater knowledge and engagement with important international issues of our time – from global warming to terrorism, aid to intervention – you’ll expand your horizons and engage with issues increasingly relevant to young Australians
- A chance to meet other passionate and engaged young people
Don’t forget, you don’t need any prior debating, public speaking or model UN experience to take part in Evatt – often some of our most successful teams have done absolutely no public speaking before!
Preliminary rounds will begin in early August and will be held via Zoom (an online video-conferencing platform). Standard registration costs $30 per team, although there are some discounts and bursaries available.
Selected teams will progress onto Semi-Finals, held on the 5th-6th of September and then the Grand Final held on the 16th of September.
Register here: https://unyouth.wufoo.com/forms/mbf98lc065fppo/