Register for the UN Youth Human Rights Summit!
LGBT Rights at Home and Abroad
On May 16 at Melbourne University, secondary students from across Victoria will come together to learn about the struggles of LGBT people across the world and discover the ways we can take action to promote human rights.
Taking place on the eve of the International Day Against Homophobia and transphobia, the Summit will include:
- a keynote address from the Hon. Michael Kirby AC CMG, former High Court justice and international human rights advocate,
- workshops on the causes of homophobia across the world,
- a roundtable discussion with international activists on work already done to promote human rights,
- the drafting of a United Nations resolution on LGBT rights to present to the General Assembly itself,
- a model General Assembly where we’ll try out our resolution before passing it on to the Government,
- a post-summit social event organised by Minus18!
You can find more details on the Human Rights Summit on the main Summit page, or –
Sponsors and Supporters
The UN Youth Human Rights Summit is proudly supported by:
We are also profoundly grateful to the generosity of Ms. Luisa Valmorbida, whose generous donation has allowed us to offer transport subsidy for regional participants.
The UN Youth Human Rights Summit is facilitated by a committee of youth volunteers drawn from our partner organisations: