Voice is a unique public speaking competition inviting students to pitch innovative solutions to some of the most complex social issues facing local communities, Australia and the world.
ACT’s 2024 Voice competition is open to Juniors (Grade 8 & 9) and Seniors (Grades 10 & 11)
Juniors will deliver a pitch responding to a chosen topic in a speech up to 4 minutes
Seniors will deliver pitch responding to a chosen topic in a speech up to 5 minutes
Following speeches, Judges will ask students to elaborate on their pitch in impromptu questions to gain a greater understanding of the pitch.
Preliminary rounds will take place online, from which finalists will be invited to the Territory final to be held at the Australian National University in early March. From here, students will be selected to represent the ACT at the 2024 Voice National Finals and compete against students from across the country.
- How can the international community better protect the rights of animals?
- How should Australia balance its need to protect its own national security with its desire to promote international peace?
- How can we improve transportation systems to service and support regional and rural Australia?
- How can we ensure that all Australians have access to affordable housing?
- How can access and inclusion be strengthened and supported in the sporting industry?
- How can we ensure that Australian students learn about history that reflects the values of contemporary Australian society?
Interested, but want to know more?
For any questions email our 2024 Voice Convenor: Luke Lourey via email@example.com