How would you solve the problems of today’s world? In UN Youth Voice, choose an issue that matters to you, and tell us how you’d change the world.
UN Youth Voice is a public speaking competition that sees participants from years 7-10 propose solutions to pressing global issues, lobby for their consideration, and defend its validity.
Why compete in Voice?
- Develop skills in public speaking and research!
- Hone your ability to think on your feet, assisting you in leadership positions or debating competition in the future.
- Build an increased knowledge about areas pertinent to you as students.
- A chance to meet like minded and engaged young people.
How Voice works
Junior Division (Year 7 and 8): 4 minutes
Senior Division (Year 9 and 10): 5 minutes
Junior Division (Year 7 and 8): 2 minutes
Senior Division (Year 9 and 10): 2 minutes
The competition is split into two parts — the Pitch and Question Time.
- The Pitch: This is where participants outline a solution to a given world problem. Students may present new solutions to long-standing problems, or new solutions to largely untouched issues. In this section adjudicators will be judging based on participants’ ability to provide tangible solutions rather than just identifying their chosen issue in the abstract.
- Question Time: Here participants answer two questions, lasting for approximately one minute each, on the solution they presented in The Pitch by the judging panel.
Preliminary rounds have finished for 2018. Express your interest for 2019 here!