Voice is a unique public speaking competition for students in Year 7-10. Voice invites you to solve issues that affect your community, nation, and the world. From homelessness to climate change, we want to hear you pitch your big ideas.
Why compete in Voice?
- Develop skills in public speaking and research!
- Hone your ability to think on your feet, assisting you in leadership positions or debating competition in the future.
- Build an increased knowledge about areas pertinent to you as students.
- A chance to meet likeminded and engaged young people.
The competition is split into two parts — the Pitch and Question Time.
- The Pitch: This is where participants outline a solution to a given world problem. Students may present new solutions to long-standing problems, or new solutions to largely untouched issues. In this section, adjudicators will be judging based on participants’ ability to provide tangible solutions rather than just identifying their chosen issue in the abstract.
- Question Time: Here participants answer two questions, lasting for approximately one minute each, on the solution they presented in The Pitch by the judging panel.