UN Youth Victoria runs education sessions in schools across the state. Take advantage of a high-quality educational experience, crafted specifically for your needs!
If you’re a primary or high school teacher, we want to hear from you!
We supplement the Victorian curriculum by giving students meaningful and insightful experiences, invigorating their passion and building their capacity to engage in the most important humanitarian and environmental issues facing our world.
2018 School Visits
We offer a number of different sessions and will work with you to tailor our programs to your school’s education goals and your students’ needs.
There are three broad categories of programs that we run in schools:
MODEL UN SESSIONS (INCLUDING OUR HIGHLY POPULAR EVATT IN SCHOOLS PROGRAM)
CONTENT BASED WORKSHOPS, INCLUDING TOPICS UNDER THE BROAD THEMES OF:
- Australian Foreign Policy
- Conflict and Intervention
- Democracy, Power and Revolution
- Economics, Trade and Globalisation
- Human Rights
- Poverty, Aid and Development
- The UN and International Justice
INTERACTIVE PROBLEM SOLVING SESSIONS
- This is where students get into groups which represent a particular cabinet
- They are given a crisis scenario and a series of tasks to act upon through a diplomatic problem solving process
Young leaders program
- We are very excited to announce a unique opportunity to our associate schools and organisations. The UK Consul-General in Victoria, South Australia and Tasmania, Chris Holtby OBE is partnering with UN Youth’s school visits and events. The Consul-General is able to attend school visits to address your students on request, contact us for more information!
In addition to in-class sessions, UN Youth Victoria also runs Summits involving multiple schools. These summits centre on a single topic and involve expert guest speakers, intensive discussion led by UN Youth facilitators and lively debate. We hope to see you there.
Sessions come at a small cost, but schools may apply for a full or partial waiver on a needs basis. Contact our Schools Director Emina Besirevic for more information.
|Minutes||Flat rate||Additional Cost|
|<90 minutes||$300||$10 per student beyond 30 students|
|Half Day||$400||$12 per student beyond 33 students|
|Full Day||$550||$15 per student beyond 36 students|