If you’re a primary or high school teacher or a tertiary educator, we want to hear from you! UN Youth Australia can run anything from a one-hour session for a single class, to a multiple day event for multiple grades. All our sessions are tailored to your requirements.
UN Youth Queensland runs education sessions in schools across the state. Take advantage of a high-quality educational experience, crafted specifically for your needs!
We supplement the Queensland curriculum by giving students meaningful and insightful experiences, invigorating their passion and building their capacity to engage in the most important humanitarian and environmental issues facing our world.
Schools visits can be booked for schools located all across Queensland. Contact information can be found below.
We offer a number of different sessions and will work with you to tailor our programs to your school’s education goals and your students’ needs.
There are three broad categories of programs that we run in schools:
MODEL UN SESSIONS
CONTENT BASED WORKSHOPS, INCLUDING TOPICS UNDER THE BROAD THEMES OF:
- Australian Foreign Policy
- Conflict and Intervention
- Democracy, Power and Revolution
- Economics, Trade and Globalisation
- Human Rights
- Poverty, Aid and Development
- The UN and International Justice
INTERACTIVE PROBLEM SOLVING SESSIONS
- This is where students get into groups which represent a particular cabinet
- They are given a crisis scenario and a series of tasks to act upon through a diplomatic problem solving process
Sessions come at a small cost, but schools may apply for a full or partial waiver on a needs basis. Contact our Education Director, Ailish Luke Martin, at email@example.com for more information!