Evatt SA 2015 – Grand Final Announcement
After four days of Preliminary Rounds involving almost 120 students from across the state, we are very excited to announce the teams that have been selected to proceed to the South Australian Final of the Evatt Competition.
The Final will be held at the Adelaide City Council Chambers from 9am on Friday 26th June.
Congratulations to the following students:
- Isaac Thiele-Swift and Jack Cheshire (Unley High School)
- Owen Nicholson and Gabriella Huser (University Senior College)
- James Kamp and Ashleigh Sharrad (Tatachilla Lutheran College)
- Glenn Dunbar and Annabel Bowles (Tatachilla Lutheran College)
- Ebony Green and Niav Andrews (Westminster School)
- Patrick Stewart and Timothy Mason (Mercedes College)
- Liam Friganiotis and Caleb Bond (The Heights School)
- Charlotte Hillam and Jack Agnew (Westminster School)
- D’Arcy Taylor and Charlie Henshall (St John’s Grammar School)
- Henry Saxon and Ned Feary (Pulteney Grammar School)
- Sophia Flanagan-Sjoberg and Luca Baker (Tatachilla Lutheran College)
- Jared Mules and Tiffanii Thackeray (King’s Baptist Grammar School)
- Ollie von Doussa and Anna Karaganova (Scotch College)
- Firas Shahin and Rochelle Weeding (Immanuel College)
- Shona Swart and Bevan Thulkanam (Norwood Morialta High School)
All teams have been notified and allocated new Member Nations to represent on Grand Final Day. The day will involve debating one prepared resolution and two surprise resolutions.
Best of luck goes to these teams, who are in the running to be selected to represent South Australia and their school at the Evatt National Finals, to be held during December 2015 in Melbourne.